Monday, June 29, 2009

Highlight of my summer

Wow, this July is gonna be crazy to say the least... Other than my Mexico trip, which is in August, almost all of my summer highlights are in one insane, super busy month, July. This next week (of which only half is July but still counts), my brother is coming home from being in Armenia for his second time (on July first, what a way to kick the month off :o). After that, the rest of the week is boringly uneventful, which probably means I'll be practicing a ton of viola and guitar, maybe learn a new song or two.

After the one "boring" week in July, VBS starts at my church the next. Currently, I am sort of a reserve person for the skit, and I don't think I'll be doing anything with that since they already have a pretty solid crew and cast. If anything, I'll be doing the soundboard like I did last year. If I'm not needed on the skit crew, I might go to a friends house for the time and play a lot of tennis, or just serve by myself, hence my big tournament Thursday-Sunday (or whenever I lose, which will probably be the first or second day). To cap off that week, my church has a tradition of having a barbarcue and presentation from all that the kids have learned that week.

Now comes the fun part. The Sunday (the 12th) after my church's VBS I'm leaving for a leadership camp called WORLDVIEW. All my older brothers have gone and said it's either the best week in their life or one of the best. The only thing that I'm worried about is my roomate. I just hope I get a cool one. The thing that I'm paranoid about is getting a roomate that shares some crazy ideology that I completely oppose, and then be one of those people who has to debate it and will just drive you crazy because he's too stubborn to realize the problem with his position, and yet wants to continue debating it. I don't think I will get a roomate like that, but if I do... well lets just put it at this, it'd suck. Other than that paranoia I'm super excited about WORLDVIEW.

I get back on a Saturday from WORLDVIEW, then, after dying from exhaustion, I have to get up the next day and get myself on a train to DC, where my brother is driving me from the train station to yet another camp. If your completely lost, this day that I'm talking about now, is Sunday the 19th. I hope I don't have to say which month we're on. The camp that I leave for on the 19th is a Strategic Intelligence camp at Patrick Henry College. I actually wouldn't be going if it wasn't for a friend from my online logic class last year, who is also gonna be there. Needless to say, it's definitely gonna be an awesome week.

To top off the awesomenss factor of the week/weekend, instead of going straight home after SI camp, my brother Shant who lives in DC is picking me up, and I'm staying at his place for the weekend. =) After a weekend there, I'm coming back on Monday, and then finally, after a hopeful trip to Six Flags with Peter, my awesome month comes to a close. *sigh*

But wait! I have Mexico to look forward to, because once I get back, from DC on Monday, it's less than two weeks away. Very very cool indeed. Well, there's my month of July. Gonna be sweeeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment