Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas

I know every Christian hears this so much around Christmas time, but regardless, it's so true. So Instead of repeating what everyone is saying, I'd like to post a few lines from one of my favorite hymns that really sums up my thoughts. The hymn is God Rest Ye Merry Gentlmen and I think these lines really capture, in beautiful words, what so many people are reminding everyone of this time of year.


Remember, Christ, our Savior
Was born on Christmas day
To save us all from Satan's power
When we were gone astray


Not to bore you with this very repetative reminder, but it is very true. Lets not get caught up too much in the holiday that we forget it.


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. except of course that, y'know, he wasn't born on Christmas, it's a pagan holiday that's a part of our culture that Christians try to justify by saying Christ is actually at the center of it.

    ReplyDelete