Thursday, August 13, 2009

Les Paul




So.... Les Paul died today at the age of 94. Not incredibly shocking, but to tell you the truth I didn't even know the dude was still ticking. I read it today on the yahoo homepage, only a couple hours after it happened. For those of you who are unformilliar with who he is and what he did, he was (unfortunately) a guitar legend and inventor. Particularly the inventor of the solid-body electric, which began the classic Gibson Les Paul guitar series. So classic such that the, (imo) greatest rock legend to live, slash cherished the incredibly performing guitars over any other brand or series. He even used the guitars to record the extremely popular Guns N' Roses album, Appetite for Destruction. Without a doubt Les Paul made one of the most important contributions to the world of rock.
Now I only wish I had like 5 grand to spare so I could quick buy a couple les pauls and sell for a couple thousand more once they skyrocket in price next week! too bad I don't...

2 comments: